Saturday 7 November 2009

A voice for unbiased common sense!



Hi everyone and welcome to my blog!!

For a while I've been nothing short of incensed at the nonsense that I read and hear in the media today. We pay for daily newspapers and end up reading over opinionated drivel half of the time. I'm not against free speech or expressing your opinion, if I was this very blog would make me a hypocrite. What I am against is;

1) Opinion being forced upon us by the political agenda of the specific newspaper
2) Columnists having to write the same boring nonsense because they can't write what they really feel or see as the truth
3) Reporters jumping on the band wagon and initiating vile attacks against what they see as cheap easy targets such as Catholicism


It was on the terraces, the fans who spent every second of their life immersed in their football club where the most sense came from; and I still believe that it is us passionate fans that really do know football inside out. We aren't paid for it but to us it is a pleasure, its part of our daily lives to talk about last weeks game, about the way other clubs are doing.

As in a similar way it is the people seated in the pews in Church that are more often than not the real gems, the most incredible people that can teach us so much simply by the way they are. Being the great intellect is a fantastic gift to be endeared with, however, far too many 'intellects' lose their roots and abandon common sense, compassion and appreciation for the realities of life.

My dream job as a youngster was to be a sports journalist, however it was due to many reasons I've already mentioned that I felt I couldn't become one. However, I hope I can now to an extent fulfil that ambition by posting regularly on the two big influences in my life - FOOTBALL & MY FAITH.

Let the fun commence!!

No comments:

Post a Comment